Tuesday 14 September 2021

Te Reo Māori Week Raapa Wero

 Nau mai ki te wiki o Te Reo Māori! 

Since 2019 our staff have been given a wero to try during this week. I still remember losing to Ms Key in pronouncing the longest place name. 

 Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu. She did it in 5 seconds and I did it in 10 seconds. 

This year is no different - our kura is celebrating with a few wero that our kaiako posted onto the NWS Language Site.  

Here is my Raapa Wero: 







4 comments:

  1. ktobin@newwindsor.school.nz15 September 2021 at 10:58

    Kai pai te mahi ! Ms Laxa, I love your pronunciation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Ms Tobin! Thanks - I am looking forward to your wero!

      Delete
  2. Ngā Mihi kia koe e Maria, Tō koi hoki! (you're so clever)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Whaea Tini! Thanks!
      Kia Kaha Te Reo Maori.:D

      Delete