Friday 5 February 2021

Week 1, Term 1: Welcome to 2021

 Welcome to 2021!

It's been awhile since I blogged.  I use to blog weekly when I was in the classroom and when I did Post Graduate Diploma.  The benefits for me was reflection and articulation. It was a way to clarify my understanding and work out my next steps.  It was to focus my thoughts and really helped with my thought process. 

I believe that reflection is integral to learning.  We grow when we control our learning and reflection is part of the control and ownership.  

I also found it beneficial to read other blogs - it gave me a different perspective and build on my understanding. 

New Windsor School is part of the Ako Hiko Cluster, and the cluster is part of the Manaiakalani Outreach programme. The 8 schools within the group collaborate and work together to implement a Learn, Create and Share programme.  To learn more about Ako Hiko, please click this link: https://www.akohiko.org/.

Blogging is one form of sharing we do at New Windsor School.  You will read our class blogs at Classroom Blogs, and our Senior Management will be blogging.  The link to our Senior Management blogs is on the side of this blog. 

Why blogging? 

There are many benefits of blogging: 

  • Learn to share as Cybersmart Digital Citizens
  • Connect with others to build knowledge and share their learning 
  • Connect with the wider community
  • Engage and motivate through the authentic and real audience
  • More information here



















No comments:

Post a Comment