Tuesday 22 August 2017

W4, T3: Ako Hiko Toolkits Reflection

New Windsor hosted the Ako Hiko Toolkits. Here are some of our reflections:





  Excerpts of some Ako Hiko Toolkits Reflections:

I learnt how to Animate things and how to make things look really cool when it moves. I am proud of how confident I was and brave I was. I enjoyed watching them do the coding challenge and having a great time. It was REALLY fun!!!!! - Denise

 Workshop one was super fun because we got to play Be funky. I learnt some really good tricks for it. It wasn't was my first time going on BeFunky but it was really fun. I will use BeFunky much more now. - Tyler

 It was so nerve-wracking but it went really well! I went to "How To Animate" . It was really fun I felt I could make a movie - it was maybe too much fun! Also the next session was Incredibox and it was way more fun because I had a old friend there. Before I went to school I was 100% I would fail my job, and my job is an attendee. An atttendee is a person who attends the toolkits. I was really nervous at start but in the end it turns out to be great! -Qiqi

The auditorium was super crowded.I learnt that if I come earlier to school I can get organised way quicker!I was proud of speaking nice and clear when I welcomed other schools to the toolkits. I really enjoyed watching the team of 4 problem solvers and also enjoyed welcoming people to our school.Thank you to the teachers who organised the toolkits!!I I had SO much fun at the toolkits, it was so awesome!!!!! - Ruby

The second workshop I went to was Gaming with Gamefroot.The hosts were from New Windsor School. Gaming with Gamefroot was kind of hard to code especially Bloons Tower Defence.I am proud of making the Bloons Tower defence game code work because it took a long time to figure it out. It definitely challenged me. Soon it was lunchtime. It was really chaotic when we had to put the milk out because we had to go back and forward repeatedly. - Joseph


 Yesterday we had tool kits on the 17th of August tool kits is when 5 other schools come together and learn from each other. The thing that was challenging for me is using goggle slides to animate it was hard at first and when you kept doing it you get the hang of it. -Samir


It was the Ako Hiko toolkits and it was better than I thought.The job that I had was ICT technician. When I did the job I did not know what to do and it was really difficult to do like trying to plug the projector but I finished it. That is what I am proud of and also it ended up easy when I saw the instructions. So I helped everyone the two sessions. -Noah

One thing that I was proud of was my job which was lost helper and Welcomer the reason I am proud of this is because I was not shy and liking it. - Millie

My favorite part of the day was when I did registration because I get to met all the people and know their names, it was also super easy. I think today went pretty well and I think everyone that attended did a good job too . But if I could change my job I would be a presenter because I have never been one before and I love helping people learn new things. -Eunice


One thing I'm really proud of is that today I actually gave it all I got and I took a risk instead of not taking risks I enjoyed today so much. -Raynah

1 comment:

  1. Great Reflections Room 12

    I'm Pranay's Mum, I like how you guys wrote some sentences which was great sentences. Each one of your sentences were specific about what workshops you guys went and what you guys did.

    ReplyDelete